1. Economic responsibility
The ProAir Group strives for a fair and cooperative business relationship with its business partners and assumes responsibility towards employees, suppliers, the environment and society. ProAir expects its suppliers to act in a way that is geared towards durability and sustainability.
We treat our employees, customers and business partners with respect and act responsibly. Open communication and regular exchange ensure transparency.
With their expertise and commitment, ProAir employees guarantee smooth processes and services – our quality assurance supervises all processes from start to finish. In the spirit of continuous further development, we encourage our employees through ongoing training as well as individual measures.
2. Ecological responsibility
The ProAir Group ensures sufficient environmental protection within the scope of its business activities. The minimum requirements in this sense are the national laws and regulations on environmental protection. We minimize environmental impact, continuously improve our environmental protection measures and operate a systematic environmental management system.
For climate protection reasons, CO₂ avoidance should take priority over other measures wherever possible. If CO₂ emissions cannot be avoided, measures should at least be taken to reduce emissions as far as possible. ProAir-Charter-Transport GmbH has made its operations climate neutral and had them certified. For this purpose, the independent certifiers of Climate Extender GmbH prepared a CO₂ balance sheet and determined the CO₂ footprint. The calculated emissions are compensated annually. In this context, shares are acquired in climate protection projects designated according to “Gold Standards”, which aim to achieve a sustainable reduction in greenhouse gases and support the UN’s climate goals.
In sustainable development in the area of climate change, ProAir also relies on its passengers. This means that an equivalent value is calculated for the CO₂ emissions generated per person, which can be settled with money. Passengers can decide for themselves whether they want to make this contribution.
3. Social responsibility
The ProAir Group agrees with the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact and follows them consistently. Among other things, through a comprehensive occupational safety concept and continuous sustainability declarations by its suppliers. The 10 principles of the UN Global Compact:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- Businesses should uphold the effective abolition of child labour.
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Code of conduct
We will be happy to send you our official “Mission Statement and Code of Conduct of ProAir-Charter-Transport GmbH” upon request.